We are not currently taking any applications for ArtView. Please check back in 2016.
The ArtView Program (see ArtView exhibitions) is an opportunity for local and regional artists to show a selection of their work in the perimeter galleries of the Museum. The program is a significant and highly successful exhibition series designed for both new and established artists to gain public exposure in a museum environment. Currently, the ArtView Program does not offer receptions or educational programs. The ArtView Program is announced in the Museum’s newsletter and website. The exhibition period is generally 10-12 weeks. ArtView exhibitions are supported by a grant from The FUNd at the Plains Art Museum Foundation.
Xcel Energy Hallway Gallery
Located on second floor, 10-12 works; 5-7 small sculptures.
Requirements for Proposal:
- CD/USB Flash Drive of at most 20 images (300 dpi .jpg)
- Resume (including exhibition history). Be sure to include: Name, address, city, state, zip, phone number, e-mail address, artist name as you wish it to be listed on a label, and birth date.
- Artist statement
- Exhibition Theme/Proposal
- Please note anything sent will be kept and placed in the museum artist files.
Send CD/USB Flash Drive, Resume, Artist Statement, and Exhibition Proposal
- ArtView is open to all artists who are residents of ND, SD, MN, MT, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan.
- Artistic merit
- Demonstrated professional recognition (e.g. exhibitions, juried shows, student shows)
- Plains Art Museum curatorial and educational staff
- A signed exhibition contract must be on file prior to delivery of artwork.
- The Museum will make every effort to give artists ample time for preparing their work for exhibition.
- Work must be securely formatted and ready for hanging (if applicable). Include any written instructions for installation with the proposal.
- Artists are responsible for the delivery and pickup of artwork.
- Plains Art Museum, in consideration of the artists’ works, shall have final curatorial decision regarding the installation of works.
- Regarding sales, the Museum cannot act as sales agent for artists. Works will not be offered for sale, however the Museum will facilitate individuals who wish to contact the artist regarding purchase of the work. The Museum will forward the name of the interested party to the artist.