Get hands-on with some upcoming activities
Now that we’re getting back into our routines after the holiday season, it’s a perfect opportunity to take in one (or two, or more) of our upcoming activities and get inspired to build more creativity into your day-to-day life. Here’s a look at what we have coming up.
For the kiddos
Kid Quest, our popular art-making event for the whole family, continues into the new year and continues to inspire the next generation of artists. To register for a free Kid Quest event, call 701.232.3821 ext. 101, or click here to register online. Upcoming dates are:
- February 4 – Furious Felters. Get your hands into fabric and felting, just like the artists in this year’s Unglued Craft Fest to be held Saturday, February 25 at the Museum.
- March 10 – The Great Art Free for All. We give you the supplies, you take them into bold new directions.
- April 7 – Don’t Throw That Away. Celebrate Earth Day by re-purposing your rubbish into fun creations.
Art for Two
Our Art for Two events are a perfect way to spend creative time with a child (aged 5-12) and encourage them to expand their abilities. These workshops are $22 for Museum members, $25 for non-members. Call to register, or register online here.
- Saturday, February 11, 2 – 4 p.m. My Personal Piggy Bank. Get a handle on your finances with a recession-proof, paper maché piggy bank.
- Saturday, April 14, 2 – 4 p.m. Your Own Storybook. Explore the world of book art by recreating your own story in a one-of-a-kind art book.
Activities for adults
Learn some new skills with your digital camera and stretch out in our sunrise-lit 3rd floor raw space.
- Artful Yoga at PAM. Tuesday mornings at 8:30 a.m., January 31 – February 28. $5/class for members, $10 for nonmembers. Drop-in, no registration required. Instructor Knoedel will lead you through a one-hour beginner’s class to limber you up for the day.
- Digital Photography for Beginners. Five Saturdays, January 21 – February 18, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. $80 for members, $88 for nonmembers. Get better photos from any digital camera by learning more about your camera and learning about composition and subject matter. You’ll need to supply your own camera, but any camera will do. Call 701.232.3821 ext. 101 to register, or register online here.