Go-To Guide for the Gala!
ENTERTAINMENT, 7 PM to MIDNIGHT
- Shimmy to the Samba and other popular dance sets by the Carluster Crumplebee Brazilian Orchestra, featuring percussionist Kenyon Williams and other special musical guests.
- Mix with costumed performers and marvel at displays of daring aerialists, staged by Ryan Domres of Experience BLUR.
- Feast on sumptuous Brazilian-flavored fare by Mosaic Foods and delicious desserts by Nichole’s Fine Pastry.
- Sample wine and beer tastings until 9 p.m. by Happy Harry’s.
- Mixology served up all evening by Sidestreet Grill & Pub, including Brazil’s national cocktail, the Carnaval Caipirinha (available at the Art Auction Bar).
- Enhance your look with a sophisticated and stylish accent by Pikadilly Face Painting.
- Pose at the Carnaval backdrop and get a souvenir photo at the Carnaval photo booth. We’re posting images from the evening with #CarnavalFargo.
BE WHO YOU WANT TO BE
- Carnaval is a mix of masquerade, Halloween, and Mardi Gras all rolled up into one great night!
- Put on a persona, come in costume, fit into your feathery finest, or wear whatever you want.
- It’s worth it to add some zing to your attire–our Gala co-chairs Cris Linnares, Bill Marcil, Jr., Kathryn Helgaas, and Doug Burgum will give out special prizes for best costumes.
- Looking for inspiration? Check out Applause Costumes and Dancewear, Gompf’s, or Party City for costume accessories.
- Feel free to be colorful, creative and—most of all—have fun!
BIDDING AT THE ART AUCTION, 7 to 10:30 PM
- Check out the 80+ artworks available at the silent art auction!
- When you buy your ticket online, you’re automatically registered to bid/donate. You can spend your time dancing instead of registering!
- Bring your smart phone to the Gala so you’ll be ready to bid. Don’t have a smart phone? No worries! We will have iPads for you to use.
- Once you check in, you’ll get a text with a link to the silent auction and you can immediately start bidding.
- The first 50 bidders get a free cocktail, the Brazilian Caipirinha! (You bid, tell our staff in the
- Art Auction – Starion Gallery and they’ll treat you to a free drink available ONLY at the bar in that gallery.)
- Winning bidders will also receive a limited edition print commemorating Carnaval.
- Didn’t win your bid, but still want an original piece of art to take home? Donate $100 or more from your smart phone and get a limited edition print by artist Amanda Heidt (while supplies last) before you leave.
GET ON THE LIST OR BUY AT THE DOOR
- Order your tickets at bitly.com/carnavalgala.
- Members get a discount! The cost for members is $100, nonmembers $125. Sign up for membership at plainsart.org/support to get the discount code (and much more)!
- All proceeds from the Gala go to Museum education programs. This is our biggest fundraiser of the year, and we appreciate your support! Half the ticket price is tax deductible.
- NO printed tickets this year. When you order online, you are automatically on “the list.” Give us your name at the door and we’ll nod you in. You can also buy at the door, but advance purchase is preferred to help everything move along a bit quicker.
- Arriving later? The late night cover charge for the Gala is $30 after 10 p.m., payable at the door.
- Questions? Call 701.551.6100 or email email@example.com.
Get ready to shine this Saturday—see you at the Spring Gala!
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
Presenting Sponsor: Border States Electric
Diamond Sponsors: WDAY
Platinum Sponsors: The Barry Foundation, Bell State Bank & Trust, Bobcat Company/Doosan Infracore Construction, H2M, Happy Harry’s Bottle Shops, High Plains Reader, Kilbourne Group, Reading Digital, R. D. Offutt Company/RDO Equipment Co.
Gold Sponsors: Dawson Insurance, The Forum of Fargo-Moorhead, Fredrikson & Byron, Brian Hayer, Milestones Photography, Mosaic Foods, Nichole’s Fine Pastry
Silver Sponsors: Bremer Bank, Enventis, Fargo Jet Center, Fargo-Moorhead Opera, Flint Communications, Home Instead Senior Care, Land Elements, Minnesota Public Radio, Otter Tail Corporation, Prairie Public Broadcasting, Radisson Hotel Fargo, TMI Hospitality, The Village Family Magazine, Warner and Company
Bronze Sponsors: AE2S, Alerus Financial, The Blue Goose Cafe, Catalyst Medical Center and Clinical Spa, Cornerstone Bank, Dorsey & Whitney LLP, ecce art + yoga, Fargo-Moorhead Symphony Orchestra, Flowers by Ranee, Indigo Signworks, McCulley Optix, Moore Engineering, Nilles Law Firm, Park Company Realtors, John Q. Paulsen, Santa Magic, Spotlight Media, US Bank