Plains Art Museum is organized into four (4) locations and twelve (12) departments, including development and marketing, operations, exhibitions, education/community programs, event planning, executive, accounting, food service, gaming, and The Store. When employment opportunities become available, openings are announced at this site for application.
How To Apply:
Download the Plains Art Museum job application form, fill in your information and mail to the respective address. It may take a minute to download.
Plains Art Museum
P.O. Box 2338
Fargo, ND 58108
Blue Wolf Casino (located in Cactus Jack’s Saloon)
Apply here for Blue Wolf Casino and King Pin Casino positions
3402 Interstate Blvd. S
Fargo ND 58103
King Pin Casino (located in The Bowler)
2630 S University Dr
Fargo, ND 58103
Big Top Bingo
Apply here for Big Top Bingo and Sideshow Café positions
901 25th St S
Equal Opportunity Employment: Plains Art Museum is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on any grounds protected under federal, state, or local law, including race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital, affectional preference, disability, or status with regard to sources of income.
Reasonable Accommodation: If you have a special need that may necessitate accommodations in the application or interview process, please contact Tonya Scott at 701.551.6136 or email email@example.com.
Open Positions at Plains Art Museum
The Teaching Artist position works in a team format to provide gallery and studio experiences for Fargo School District (FPS) students and others in the Museum and the Katherine Kilbourne Burgum Center for Creativity. The position requires the ability to engage diverse learners with viewing and analyzing art and a commitment to fostering creative thinking and expression through artistic practice. Teaching Artists will be required to work cohesively as a team to provide excellent learning experiences for all students. As a representative of the Museum to our audiences, the Teaching Artist must project professionalism and be committed to providing excellent services for our visitors. This is an on-call position, with schedules varying from month to month. Session schedules include but are not limited to mornings, afternoons, and/or evenings throughout the week and weekends.
To apply, submit an application, resume, and cover letter to Plains Art Museum – Education Department or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Application review will begin Monday, December 18.
Plains Art Guides
Plains Art Guides are volunteer docents who lead tours and assist with a variety of educational programs at Plains Art Museum. Guides are ambassadors for the Museum, responsible for welcoming and engaging diverse groups of people. What are the job requirements? The desire to engage groups of children and/or adults with art is the most important! The ideal Plains Art Guide also has the ability to teach creatively and is flexible, dependable, and able to commit time and energy to this fulfilling program.
We are currently looking for Plains Art Guides!
Submit an application to Plains Art Museum – Education Department or by email to email@example.com.
Plains Art Museum offers a Year-Round or Summer Internship in the Development Department that allows interns to build an extensive understanding of the operation of a nonprofit art organization; knowledge that can prove vital when applying for college or post-graduate work, or for future employment.
Working with Development Department staff, Internship opportunities include:
- Helping create, distribute, manage, and evaluate community based surveys
- Researching potential funding opportunities from online directories of foundations that support the arts
- Assisting in creating a database of major modern and contemporary art collectors for use in future informational outreach by and about the Museum
- Coordinating Development Department events, such as Art & Business Breakfast, Spring Gala, Annual Stakeholder Gathering, Holiday Concert Series, and collaborative events with other Museum departments
- Engaging with collections, education, communications, and curatorial on cross-departmental projects
- Assisting in maintaining department archives and files
- Entering data in our Customer Relationship Management system and maintaining mailing lists
- Identifying a Museum program they are particularly interested in and enhancing its outreach and effectiveness
Plains Art Museum Internships are unpaid positions but can be applied toward academic credit depending on the applicant’s school criteria. The Museum requires a minimum of five hours per week to insure that interns are receiving a complete experiential education.
Open Positions at Our Gaming Sites
Blackjack Dealer: Full and Part Time at Blue Wolf Casino & King Pin Casino
Work in an upbeat and fast paced environment. Earn above average pay as a full time job or a second job. We offer an excellent training program and a flexible schedule to accommodate your busy life.
- Earning potential of $18/hr. This is a tipped position.
- Benefits are available for employees working 30+ hr/wk.
- Family Membership to the Plains Art Museum.
- Hours of operation: Monday through Thursday: Noon to 1:30 am
Friday and Saturday: Noon to 2 am
Sunday: 2 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Flexible schedule with afternoon, evening and weekend shifts available.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Direct customer interaction – must have the ability to communicate and entertain customers.
How to Apply:
- In person at King Pin Casino or Blue Wolf Casino
- Download an application
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shift Manager: Full and Part Time
Plains Art Museum is looking for a full and part time Casino Shift Manager for King Pin Casino and Blue Wolf Casino. The Shift Manager supervises casino staff and ensures casino compliance.
- Must be 21 years old or older
- Must be available weekends
Accounting Clerk Gaming
Plains Art Museum seeks applicants for Accounting Clerk Gaming. This position is responsible for assisting in all corporate accounting procedures, primarily focusing on the Gaming operations compliance, working knowledge of North Dakota gaming laws and organization internal control, filing, posting, data entry, and other accounting tasks as required. Full time and part time hours available.