Are you a collector? We want you!
Are you driven by a passion to find just the right item to add to your collection? Then we want to hear from you! Plains Art Museum (PAM) invites community members to share the wonderful, weird, or wacky treasures that define their personal tastes as collectors in a new show: Community Collections from North of Normal.
Call for Submissions
About the Exhibition
Inspired by our upcoming 40th anniversary and role as a collecting institution, PAM will showcase unusual and interesting collections from the area. This celebration of the art of collecting will focus on non-art items such as tools, household goods, sporting equipment, jewelry, toys, music, books, nature (insects rocks) and so on—basically anything individuals find collectible, from everyday things to the outright eccentric. After all, our community prides itself on being ‘North of Normal,’ so (almost) anything goes!
To submit a collection, please send a completed Community Collections Submission Form and up to 3 digital images (high resolution JPEG: minimum 300 dpi, 1 MB) to email@example.com by August 9, 2015. Large files can be sent through a file hosting service. Selections will be made based on the submitted digital images and information provided on the form.
Collection Specifications & Restrictions
- Collections of the following objects will not be accepted: clothing, bedding, personal care items, chemicals, weapons, large appliances, cars, and oversized items
- Maximum size for display of part/entire collection: two-dimensional (6 ft H x 6 ft W), three-dimensional (6 ft H x 3 ft W x 3 ft D)
- If the collection is housed in a structure, the Museum will review whether to include the structure or find another means of display
- Collectors must be able to drop-off and pick-up their collections at the Museum
- PAM will insure objects on its premises during the exhibition period; collectors are responsible for insuring their items during transit to and from the Museum
- PAM reserves the right to not select collections based on staff recommendations
Deadlines & Dates
- Submissions Deadline: EXTENDED to August 9, 2015
- Notification of Acceptance: September 14, 2015
- Drop-off dates: October 12 – 16, 2015
- Exhibition Dates: October 23, 2015 – February 6, 2016
- Pick-up dates: February 15 – 19, 2016
Plains Art Museum will insure artworks on its premises during the exhibition period only. Artists are responsible for insuring their artworks during transit to and from the Museum.