Plains Art Museum is open and we can’t wait to see you! To ensure the safety of our staff and guests here is WHAT TO EXPECT:
- The museum continues to be general admission free
- Visitors will see we have added a plexiglass shield at our Visitor Services desk and hand sanitizer
- Our staff will wear masks and perform self-screening wellness checks at the beginning of each shift
- Staff will frequently sanitize all common use and high touch areas
All guests are welcome, however, for everyone’s safety, everyone is required to:
- Wear masks or similar face covering
- Respect physical distancing by staying safely 6 feet or more away from other visitors and staff
- Please refrain from entering if you have had a recent exposure to Covid-19.
In order to adhere to safe physical distance guidelines, staff will monitor to ensure that there are:
- 10 or less people in each gallery at a time
- 5 or less shoppers in The Store at a time
Air Filter and HVAC Cleaning: The frequency of air filter replacement and HVAC system cleaning has been increased and fresh air exchange will be maximized.
For the time being, The Goldberg Family Art Lounge will remain closed.
Over the coming months, the Museum plans to carefully reopen in 3 phases: Museum galleries first, then the Center for Creativity and reintroduction of small group programs, and lastly, the reintroduction of larger events. Adjustments will be made as needed as we all work through these difficult times, so please check our social media channels for updates. Thank you for your support!
General Visit Guidelines
Welcome! We are pleased you will be spending time with us at Plains Art Museum. The following are guidelines for your visit.
Photography is not allowed in the galleries.
If you wish to sketch in the galleries, you may use graphite or colored pencils. In order to protect the artwork charcoal, pens and paint are not allowed.
- Food, etc
Absolutely no food, drinks, gum chewing, or smoking is allowed in the galleries.
The visitor services staff will check cameras or large bags. Without the extra bulk, you will have a more comfortable walk through the galleries and be less likely to bump into the artwork.
Thank you! We look forward to your visit.
Rent our state of the art building for your wedding reception, conference, dinner, or many other events.
See our upcoming events calendar.
Hours, Admission and Location.
Schedule visits (Guided, Self-Guided, and Gallery + Studio) for Pre K through 12th grade school groups, community youth and adult educational organizations, college students, and camp programs.
The Store at Plains Art Museum is an excellent addition to your museum visit, offering unique, hand-made items.