Plains Art Museum is organized into eight (8) locations and ten (10) departments: accounting, collections, communications/marketing, curatorial/exhibitions, development, education/community programs, events, executive/administration, facilities, and visitor services/The Store. When employment opportunities become available, openings are announced at this site for an application.
How To Apply:
Download the Plains Art Museum job application form, fill in your information and mail to the respective address. It may take a minute to download.
Plains Art Museum
P.O. Box 2338
Fargo, ND 58108
Blue Wolf Casino (located in Cactus Jack’s Saloon)
Apply here for Blue Wolf Casino and King Pin Casino positions
3402 Interstate Blvd. S
Fargo ND 58103
King Pin Casino (located in The Bowler)
2630 S University Dr
Fargo, ND 58103
Big Top Bingo
901 25th St S
Fargo, ND 58103
Wild Bill’s Saloon
1776 45th St S
Fargo, ND 58103
Equal Opportunity Employment: Plains Art Museum is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on any grounds protected under federal, state, or local law, including race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital, affectional preference, disability, or status with regard to sources of income.
Reasonable Accommodation: If you have a special need that may necessitate accommodations in the application or interview process, please contact Tonya Scott at 701.551.6136 or email email@example.com.
Open Positions at Plains Art Museum
The Accounting Clerk; Gaming is responsible for assisting with organization accounting procedures, primarily focusing on gaming operations compliance, including, but not limited to: cash counts, completion of daily paperwork, internal control, filing, gaming audits, data entry, routine accounting tasks, and working knowledge of North Dakota gaming laws. Please see full job description. Application deadline: 4/30/2021
Responsibilities and Duties
- Daily cash count of 4 gaming sites in the Fargo area. Expected to work alternating Saturdays starting between 7am & 8am
- Daily, on site, audit of paperwork related to gaming activity
- Maintain excel spreadsheets daily
- Accounts payable entry and accounts receivable entry
- Follow cash bank, deposit & inventory control procedures
- Requires use of personal vehicle with adequate insurance and a valid driver’s license (mileage reimbursed)
- Must be 21 years old or older
- Post deposits, revenue & prizes into Great Plains Dynamics accounting system
- Audit prizes for pull tabs: paper tabs, Electronic Tabs & dispensing devices
- Required to assist Accountants with Accounts Payable and Receivables
- Assist with month end and quarter end reconciliations
Job-Type: Part-Time and Full-time hours available. Benefits available for full-time. Pay: $14-$15 per hour depending on experience with a 60 day review. Skills: Cash handling, 10 key and detail-oriented. One-year Accounting or Gaming experience or an understanding of GAAP.
Please send resume and application to Plains Art Museum attn: Tonya Scott 704 1st Ave N Fargo, ND 58102 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Controller is responsible for the effectiveness of all financial activities of the organization, including preparation of financial reports, budgets, summaries, and forecasts for future business growth and general outlook, long- and near-term financial planning, and audit. In addition, the Controller acts as lead accountant, producing accurate accounting entries while also training, advising, and leading a group of accountants engaged in all aspects of accounting for the Museum, its Center for Creativity, and large earned income generated through a variety of functions including significant charitable gaming. The individual is expected to provide leadership, vision and direction for the accounting department that work to support all the Museum departments and divisions. Please review full job description.
Application deadline: 3/29/2021. Please send cover letter, resume, and application to Plains Art Museum attn: Tonya Scott 704 1st Ave N Fargo, ND 58102 or email@example.com
Visitor Services Associate
The Visitor Services Associate position serves as the initial contact for the public in the galleries and Center for Creativity by providing professional and informed guest reception, gallery security, and maintenance. Responsible for assisting in the operations of The Store and in guest services opening/closing responsibilities. This is a part-time 10-20 per hour a week position, depending on availability. Must be available Thursday evenings, Saturdays, and some Saturday evenings. Must be 18+ years old. This is a great position for a student. Please see the full job description. Application deadline: 3/24/2021
Please send resume and application to Plains Art Museum Attn: Tonya Scott 704 1st Ave N Fargo, ND 58102 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Positions at Our Gaming Sites
Blackjack Dealer: Full and Part Time at Blue Wolf Casino & King Pin Casino
Work in an upbeat and fast-paced environment. Earn above-average pay as a full-time job or a second job. We offer an excellent training program and a flexible schedule to accommodate your busy life.
- Earning potential of $18/hr. This is a tipped position.
- Benefits are available for employees working 30+ hr/wk.
- Family Membership to the Plains Art Museum.
- Hours of operation: Monday through Thursday: Noon to 1:30 am
Friday and Saturday: Noon to 2 am
Sunday: 2 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Flexible schedule with afternoon, evening and weekend shifts available.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Direct customer interaction – must have the ability to communicate and entertain customers.
How to Apply:
- In person at King Pin Casino or Blue Wolf Casino
Contact information: email@example.com
Plains Art Museum offers internships in the Development, Education, and Curatorial departments that allow interns to build an extensive understanding of the operation of a nonprofit art organization.
Plains Art Museum offers a Year-Round or Summer Internship in the Development Department that allows interns to build an extensive understanding of the operation of a nonprofit art organization; knowledge that can prove vital when applying for college or post-graduate work, or for future employment.
Working with Development Department staff, Internship opportunities include:
- Helping create, distribute, manage, and evaluate community based surveys
- Researching potential funding opportunities from online directories of foundations that support the arts
- Assisting in creating a database of major modern and contemporary art collectors for use in future informational outreach by and about the Museum
- Coordinating Development Department events, such as Art & Business Breakfast, Spring Gala, Annual Stakeholder Gathering, Holiday Concert Series, and collaborative events with other Museum departments
- Engaging with collections, education, communications, and curatorial on cross-departmental projects
- Assisting in maintaining department archives and files
- Entering data in our Customer Relationship Management system and maintaining mailing lists
- Identifying a Museum program they are particularly interested in and enhancing its outreach and effectiveness
Plains Art Museum Internships are unpaid positions but can be applied toward academic credit depending on the applicant’s school criteria.
To apply, candidates need to complete the form below provide a current resume (max 2 pages) and letter of interest (max 500 words).
For questions, contact Sarah Anstett, firstname.lastname@example.org
Education Internship Program
Currently, there are no Education Internships available. Please check back.
The Department of Education at Plains Art Museum seeks an Intern with a strong background in art education, museum studies, studio art, art history, cultural studies, and/or history to assist with youth education and outreach at Plains Art Museum. This internship is an experiential learning program that provides students with hands-on knowledge while exposing them to the inner workings of art museums and non-profit organizations. Applicants must be upper classmen (juniors, seniors, or recent graduates) of undergraduate programs or students pursuing graduate degrees (masters and/or PhD). This position requires a detail-oriented person who has strong interpersonal skills and is also self-motivating and conscientious of deadlines. It is the applicant’s responsibility to complete any necessary paperwork and obligations with his/her school.