Plains Art Museum is organized into eight (8) locations and ten (10) departments: accounting, collections, communications/marketing, curatorial/exhibitions, development, education/community programs, events, executive/administration, facilities, and visitor services/The Store. When employment opportunities become available, openings are announced at this site for an application.
How To Apply:
Download the Plains Art Museum job application form, fill in your information and mail to the respective address. It may take a minute to download.
Plains Art Museum
P.O. Box 2338
Fargo, ND 58108
Blue Wolf Casino (located in Cactus Jack’s Saloon)
Apply here for Blue Wolf Casino and King Pin Casino positions
3402 Interstate Blvd. S
Fargo ND 58103
King Pin Casino (located in The Bowler)
2630 S University Dr
Fargo, ND 58103
Big Top Bingo
901 25th St S
Fargo, ND 58103
Wild Bill’s Saloon
1776 45th St S
Fargo, ND 58103
Equal Opportunity Employment: Plains Art Museum is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on any grounds protected under federal, state, or local law, including race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital, affectional preference, disability, or status with regard to sources of income.
Reasonable Accommodation: If you have a special need that may necessitate accommodations in the application or interview process, please contact Tonya Scott at 701.551.6136 or email email@example.com.
Open Positions at Plains Art Museum
Ceramic Program Assistant
The Ceramic Program Assistant is a part-time, year-round position with hours that vary between the summer months and school-year months. This position is primarily responsible for studio monitoring and operations, providing assistance and support for smooth day-to-day function of the Katherine Kilbourne Burgum Center for Creativity at Plains Art Museum. Primary responsibilities include operating of kilns and associated ceramic processes, monitoring Open Studio, maintaining cleaning and safety procedures, and other work in support of the studio management. This position requires flexibility with scheduling and availability to work weekends and afternoons/evenings. Send application, cover letter, and resume to Tonya Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org
Plains Art Museum is seeking applicants for accountant position. As part of a collaborative team environment, the Accountant is responsible for assisting with all accounting functions within the organization, including, but not limited to: accounting for the corporation’s revenue and expenditures, audit and review of financial information in the accounting system, gaming operations and compliance, and a resource for accounting information to Museum staff.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible to perform daily count at gaming sites.
- Responsible for daily deposit of gaming activity and maintaining cash levels at gaming sites.
- Assist with recording and reconciling accrued liabilities, including, deferred income and grant tracking.
- Responsible for accurate recording of all organizational revenue and expenditures.
- Assist with accounts payable, accounts receivable and check drafting, as required.
- Assist with and review monthly reconciliations.
- Assist with all month end closing entries and reporting.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly internal audits.
- Assist with year-end audit and limited scope review.
- Payroll backup and assist with employee benefits administration.
- Knowledge of North Dakota gaming laws and regulations.
- Some local travel to gaming sites required.
- Assist with the accounts payable of the Museum.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance.
Experience: Two years of accounting experience is preferred. This position should have an excellent understating of generally accepted accounting principles and internal controls. Knowledge of North Dakota gaming regulations is a plus. Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics is a plus. Experience with cash handling is a must.
Application deadline is 7/6/2021. Position open until filled.
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for assisting with organization accounting procedures, primarily focusing on gaming operations compliance, including, but not limited to: cash counts, completion of daily paperwork, internal control, filing, gaming audits, data entry, routine accounting tasks, and working knowledge of North Dakota gaming laws.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Daily cash count of 4 gaming sites in the Fargo area. Expected to work alternating Saturdays starting between 7am & 8am
- Daily, on site, audit of paperwork related to gaming activity
- Maintain excel spreadsheets daily
- Accounts payable entry and accounts receivable entry
- Follow cash bank, deposit & inventory control procedures
- Requires use of a personal vehicle with adequate insurance and a valid driver’s license (mileage reimbursed)
- Must be 21 years old or older
- Post deposits, revenue & prizes into Great Plains Dynamics accounting system
- Audit prizes for pull tabs: paper tabs, Electronic Tabs & dispensing devices
- Required to assist Accountants with Accounts Payable and Receivables
- Assist with month end and quarter end reconciliations
Job-Type: Full-time hours with benefits.
Pay is $14-$15 per hour depending on experience with a 60-day review.
Skills: Cash handling, 10 key and detail-oriented.
One-year Accounting or Gaming experience or an understanding of GAAP.
Please send application, cover letter, and resume to Tonya Scott at email@example.com
Open Positions at Our Gaming Sites
Charitable Casino Manager
Plains Art Museum is seeking applicants for our Charitable Casino Manager position. This person is responsible for overseeing all aspects of Plains Art Museum’s charitable casino operations, which supports the Plains Art Museum’s mission. This position is a key member of the Plains Art Museum management team. Working with and reporting to the Charitable Gaming Manager, the primary duties include maximization of financial performance, customer satisfaction, staff hiring, training and development, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and securing and protecting the organization’s assets.
This is a full-time salary position with benefits. Please see full job description.
Please forward cover letter, resume, and application to Tonya Scott at 704 1st Ave N Fargo, ND 58102 or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position is open until filled.
Blackjack Dealer: Full and Part Time at Blue Wolf Casino & King Pin Casino
Work in an upbeat and fast-paced environment. Earn above-average pay as a full-time job or a second job. We offer an excellent training program and a flexible schedule to accommodate your busy life.
- Earning potential of $18/hr. This is a tipped position.
- Benefits are available for employees working 30+ hr/wk.
- Family Membership to the Plains Art Museum.
- Hours of operation: Monday through Thursday: Noon to 1:30 am
Friday and Saturday: Noon to 2 am
Sunday: 2 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Flexible schedule with afternoon, evening and weekend shifts available.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Direct customer interaction – must have the ability to communicate and entertain customers.
How to Apply:
- In person at King Pin Casino or Blue Wolf Casino
Contact information: email@example.com
Plains Art Museum offers internships in the Development, Education, and Curatorial departments that allow interns to build an extensive understanding of the operation of a nonprofit art organization.
Currently, there are no Development Internships available. Please check back.
Plains Art Museum offers a Year-Round or Summer Internship in the Development Department that allows interns to build an extensive understanding of the operation of a nonprofit art organization; knowledge that can prove vital when applying for college or post-graduate work, or for future employment.
Working with Development Department staff, Internship opportunities include:
- Helping create, distribute, manage, and evaluate community based surveys
- Researching potential funding opportunities from online directories of foundations that support the arts
- Assisting in creating a database of major modern and contemporary art collectors for use in future informational outreach by and about the Museum
- Coordinating Development Department events, such as Art & Business Breakfast, Spring Gala, Annual Stakeholder Gathering, Holiday Concert Series, and collaborative events with other Museum departments
- Engaging with collections, education, communications, and curatorial on cross-departmental projects
- Assisting in maintaining department archives and files
- Entering data in our Customer Relationship Management system and maintaining mailing lists
- Identifying a Museum program they are particularly interested in and enhancing its outreach and effectiveness
Plains Art Museum Internships are unpaid positions but can be applied toward academic credit depending on the applicant’s school criteria.
To apply, candidates need to complete the form below provide a current resume (max 2 pages) and letter of interest (max 500 words).
For questions, contact Sarah Anstett, firstname.lastname@example.org
Education Internship Program
Currently, there are no Education Internships available. Please check back.
The Department of Education at Plains Art Museum seeks an Intern with a strong background in art education, museum studies, studio art, art history, cultural studies, and/or history to assist with youth education and outreach at Plains Art Museum. This internship is an experiential learning program that provides students with hands-on knowledge while exposing them to the inner workings of art museums and non-profit organizations. Applicants must be upper classmen (juniors, seniors, or recent graduates) of undergraduate programs or students pursuing graduate degrees (masters and/or PhD). This position requires a detail-oriented person who has strong interpersonal skills and is also self-motivating and conscientious of deadlines. It is the applicant’s responsibility to complete any necessary paperwork and obligations with his/her school.