Plains Art Museum is organized into eight (8) locations and ten (10) departments: accounting, collections, communications/marketing, curatorial/exhibitions, development, education/community programs, events, executive/administration, facilities, and visitor services/The Store. When employment opportunities become available, openings are announced at this site for application.
How To Apply:
Download the Plains Art Museum job application form, fill in your information and mail to the respective address. It may take a minute to download.
Plains Art Museum
P.O. Box 2338
Fargo, ND 58108
Blue Wolf Casino (located in Cactus Jack’s Saloon)
Apply here for Blue Wolf Casino and King Pin Casino positions
3402 Interstate Blvd. S
Fargo ND 58103
King Pin Casino (located in The Bowler)
2630 S University Dr
Fargo, ND 58103
Big Top Bingo
901 25th St S
Fargo, ND 58103
Wild Bill’s Saloon
1776 45th St S
Fargo, ND 58103
Equal Opportunity Employment: Plains Art Museum is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on any grounds protected under federal, state, or local law, including race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital, affectional preference, disability, or status with regard to sources of income.
Reasonable Accommodation: If you have a special need that may necessitate accommodations in the application or interview process, please contact Tonya Scott at 701.551.6136 or email email@example.com.
Open Positions at Plains Art Museum
Accounts Payable Clerk
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for assisting with receiving, processing, and verifying invoices and credit card receipts, processing payments, data entry, routine accounting tasks, and working knowledge of North Dakota gaming laws. This position will also assist with daily count at gaming sites as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Assist with count of gaming sites, including Big Top Bingo, King Pin Casino (located in the Bowler), Blue Wolf Casino (located in West Acres Bowl), and Wild Bill’s Sports Saloon
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires travel to locations listed above
- Must be 21 years old or older
Education: This position requires some post-secondary experience, preferably in accounting, finance or related field.
Experience: Three years of accounting experience and cash handling is preferred. This position should have an understating of generally accepted accounting principles and internal controls. Knowledge of North Dakota gaming regulations is a plus. Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics is a plus.
Please submit a cover letter, job application, and resume to Tonya Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Positions at Our Gaming Sites
Blackjack Dealer: Full and Part Time at Blue Wolf Casino & King Pin Casino
Work in an upbeat and fast-paced environment. Earn above-average pay as a full-time job or a second job. We offer an excellent training program and a flexible schedule to accommodate your busy life.
- Earning potential of $18/hr. This is a tipped position.
- Benefits are available for employees working 30+ hr/wk.
- Family Membership to the Plains Art Museum.
- Hours of operation: Monday through Thursday: Noon to 1:30 am
Friday and Saturday: Noon to 2 am
Sunday: 2 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Flexible schedule with afternoon, evening and weekend shifts available.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Direct customer interaction – must have the ability to communicate and entertain customers.
How to Apply:
- In person at King Pin Casino or Blue Wolf Casino
Contact information: email@example.com
Plains Art Museum offers internships in the Development, Education, and Curatorial departments that allow interns to build an extensive understanding of the operation of a nonprofit art organization.
Plains Art Museum offers a Year-Round or Summer Internship in the Development Department that allows interns to build an extensive understanding of the operation of a nonprofit art organization; knowledge that can prove vital when applying for college or post-graduate work, or for future employment.
Working with Development Department staff, Internship opportunities include:
- Helping create, distribute, manage, and evaluate community based surveys
- Researching potential funding opportunities from online directories of foundations that support the arts
- Assisting in creating a database of major modern and contemporary art collectors for use in future informational outreach by and about the Museum
- Coordinating Development Department events, such as Art & Business Breakfast, Spring Gala, Annual Stakeholder Gathering, Holiday Concert Series, and collaborative events with other Museum departments
- Engaging with collections, education, communications, and curatorial on cross-departmental projects
- Assisting in maintaining department archives and files
- Entering data in our Customer Relationship Management system and maintaining mailing lists
- Identifying a Museum program they are particularly interested in and enhancing its outreach and effectiveness
Plains Art Museum Internships are unpaid positions but can be applied toward academic credit depending on the applicant’s school criteria.
To apply, candidates need to complete the form below provide a current resume (max 2 pages) and letter of interest (max 500 words).
For questions, contact Sarah Anstett, firstname.lastname@example.org
Education Internship Program
The Department of Education at Plains Art Museum seeks an Intern with a strong background in art education, museum studies, studio art, art history, cultural studies, and/or history to assist with youth education and outreach at Plains Art Museum. This internship is an experiential learning program that provides students with hands-on knowledge while exposing them to the inner workings of art museums and non-profit organizations. Applicants must be upper classmen (juniors, seniors, or recent graduates) of undergraduate programs or students pursuing graduate degrees (masters and/or PhD). This position requires a detail-oriented person who has strong interpersonal skills and is also self-motivating and conscientious of deadlines. It is the applicant’s responsibility to complete any necessary paperwork and obligations with his/her school.
- Application Deadline: December 9, 2019
- Phone/In-person interviews: December 10-11, 2019
- Notification of status: December 16, 2019
- Internship begins: early to mid-January 2020