Plains Art Museum is organized into eight (8) locations and ten (10) departments: accounting, collections, communications/marketing, curatorial/exhibitions, development, education/community programs, events, executive/administration, facilities, and visitor services/The Store. When employment opportunities become available, openings are announced at this site for application.
How To Apply:
Download the Plains Art Museum job application form, fill in your information and mail to the respective address. It may take a minute to download.
Plains Art Museum
P.O. Box 2338
Fargo, ND 58108
Blue Wolf Casino (located in Cactus Jack’s Saloon)
Apply here for Blue Wolf Casino and King Pin Casino positions
3402 Interstate Blvd. S
Fargo ND 58103
King Pin Casino (located in The Bowler)
2630 S University Dr
Fargo, ND 58103
Big Top Bingo
901 25th St S
Fargo, ND 58103
Wild Bill’s Saloon
1776 45th St S
Fargo, ND 58103
Equal Opportunity Employment: Plains Art Museum is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on any grounds protected under federal, state, or local law, including race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital, affectional preference, disability, or status with regard to sources of income.
Reasonable Accommodation: If you have a special need that may necessitate accommodations in the application or interview process, please contact Tonya Scott at 701.551.6136 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Positions at Plains Art Museum
Plains Art Museum is seeking applicants for a part time Events Coordinator. This position is responsible for directing and supervising rental events and assisting with museum related events. The Events Coordinator deals with the general public as a sales consultant and works closely with the Events Manager, museum set up staff, bartenders, security staff and catering service. The Events Coordinator serves as a contact person between the client and the museum. This is a part time position with growth potential. Please send cover letter, resume, and application to email@example.com
Count Team Member
The Count Team Member is responsible for the daily count of gross proceeds, operating banks, cash profit, deposits, and verify all income and deposit summaries. Requires a valid driver’s license. Requires travel to multiple locations within the organization. Duties include auditing daily gaming activity of gaming sites, including Big Top Bingo, King Pin Casino (located in the Bowler), Blue Wolf Casino (located in West Acres Bowl), and Wild Bill’s Sports Saloon. Must be 21 years old or older.
Plains Art Museum is seeking applicants for accountant position. As part of a collaborative team environment, the Accountant is responsible for assisting with all accounting functions within the organization, including, but not limited to: accounting for the corporation’s revenue and expenditures, audit and review of financial information in the accounting system, gaming operations and compliance, and a resource for accounting information to Museum staff.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible to perform daily count at gaming sites.
- Responsible for daily deposit of gaming activity and maintaining cash levels at gaming sites.
- Assist with recording and reconciling accrued liabilities, including, deferred income and grant tracking.
- Responsible for accurate recording of all organizational revenue and expenditures.
- Assist with accounts payable, accounts receivable and check drafting, as required.
- Assist with and review monthly reconciliations.
- Assist with all month end closing entries and reporting.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly internal audits.
- Assist with year-end audit and limited scope review.
- Payroll backup and assist with employee benefits administration.
- Knowledge of North Dakota gaming laws and regulations.
- Some local travel to gaming sites required.
- Assist with the accounts payable of the Museum.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance.
Experience: Two years of accounting experience is preferred. This position should have an excellent understating of generally accepted accounting principles and internal controls. Knowledge of North Dakota gaming regulations is a plus. Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics is a plus. Experience with cash handling is a must.
Application deadline 1/23/2020.
Please send cover letter, resume, and job application to Tonya Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Positions at Our Gaming Sites
Blackjack Dealer: Full and Part Time at Blue Wolf Casino & King Pin Casino
Work in an upbeat and fast-paced environment. Earn above-average pay as a full-time job or a second job. We offer an excellent training program and a flexible schedule to accommodate your busy life.
- Earning potential of $18/hr. This is a tipped position.
- Benefits are available for employees working 30+ hr/wk.
- Family Membership to the Plains Art Museum.
- Hours of operation: Monday through Thursday: Noon to 1:30 am
Friday and Saturday: Noon to 2 am
Sunday: 2 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Flexible schedule with afternoon, evening and weekend shifts available.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Direct customer interaction – must have the ability to communicate and entertain customers.
How to Apply:
- In person at King Pin Casino or Blue Wolf Casino
Contact information: email@example.com
Bingo Employee at Big Top Bingo
Big Top Bingo is looking for part-time bingo employees. Must have nights and weekend availability. Excellent earning potential.
- No experience needed
- Must be 18 years or older
- Have excellent customer service skills
Part-Time Wait Staff
Side Show Café is seeking a friendly Wait Staff member who can prepare quality food and deliver excellent customer service at our charming café located inside Big Top Bingo. The Café Wait Staff is responsible for taking food and drink orders from customers, preparing and delivering food.
- No experience necessary, we are willing to train
- Must be available evening and weekend hours
- Prepare food using a flat top grill and fryers
- Stock food items
- Maintain cleanliness of the Cafe
- Open and/or closing of Café
- This is a tipped position
- Starting pay $10 plus tips.
- Year-to-date tips plus wage average is $13.60 per hour.
- Meal discount
- Plains Art Museum Membership
- Employee Assistance Program
- Every Monday and Wednesday off.
- Off by 11:30 p.m.
Apply in person at Big Top Bingo 901 25th St. S., Fargo
Plains Art Museum offers internships in the Development, Education, and Curatorial departments that allow interns to build an extensive understanding of the operation of a nonprofit art organization.
Plains Art Museum offers a Year-Round or Summer Internship in the Development Department that allows interns to build an extensive understanding of the operation of a nonprofit art organization; knowledge that can prove vital when applying for college or post-graduate work, or for future employment.
Working with Development Department staff, Internship opportunities include:
- Helping create, distribute, manage, and evaluate community based surveys
- Researching potential funding opportunities from online directories of foundations that support the arts
- Assisting in creating a database of major modern and contemporary art collectors for use in future informational outreach by and about the Museum
- Coordinating Development Department events, such as Art & Business Breakfast, Spring Gala, Annual Stakeholder Gathering, Holiday Concert Series, and collaborative events with other Museum departments
- Engaging with collections, education, communications, and curatorial on cross-departmental projects
- Assisting in maintaining department archives and files
- Entering data in our Customer Relationship Management system and maintaining mailing lists
- Identifying a Museum program they are particularly interested in and enhancing its outreach and effectiveness
Plains Art Museum Internships are unpaid positions but can be applied toward academic credit depending on the applicant’s school criteria.
To apply, candidates need to complete the form below provide a current resume (max 2 pages) and letter of interest (max 500 words).
For questions, contact Sarah Anstett, firstname.lastname@example.org
Education Internship Program
The Department of Education at Plains Art Museum seeks an Intern with a strong background in art education, museum studies, studio art, art history, cultural studies, and/or history to assist with youth education and outreach at Plains Art Museum. This internship is an experiential learning program that provides students with hands-on knowledge while exposing them to the inner workings of art museums and non-profit organizations. Applicants must be upper classmen (juniors, seniors, or recent graduates) of undergraduate programs or students pursuing graduate degrees (masters and/or PhD). This position requires a detail-oriented person who has strong interpersonal skills and is also self-motivating and conscientious of deadlines. It is the applicant’s responsibility to complete any necessary paperwork and obligations with his/her school.
- Application Deadline: December 9, 2019
- Phone/In-person interviews: December 10-11, 2019
- Notification of status: December 16, 2019
- Internship begins: early to mid-January 2020