We are open with new safety guidelines. Review our safety policies
Gardens & Public Art
Hours and Admission
Center for Creativity
Plains Art Inside & Out
Hannaher’s, Inc. Print Studio
Open Studio Ceramics
Native American Artists
Northern Plains Summer Art Institute 2021
Talks and Screenings
Be a Member
Be an Organizational Partner
Be a Donor
Join the Team
Art & Business Brunch
Buzz Lab Teen Internship
Summer Outreach Programs
Creative Community Leadership Institute
Wellness and Access Programs
Buzz Lab Test
2020 BUZZ LAB APPLICATION
Applications are due at 9:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 9, 2020.
Items marked with an asterisk* are required.
ZIP / Postal Code
Alternate Phone Number
Name of School
Year in School
Date of Birth / Age
Languages spoken other than English
Will you need help with transportation to the Museum?
Please answer the following questions with thoughtful responses of at least 100 words for each question.
1. Tell us why you are interested in being part of Buzz Lab, and what you hope to learn, or what skills you’d like to gain from this experience?
2. Why do you think pollinators are important?
3. How will your values and life experiences contribute to this year’s Buzz Lab? Share what creative and/or scientific talents, skills, and interests you will bring to the Buzz Lab.
LEADERSHIP TEAM QUESTIONS
If you have participated in Buzz Lab two times or more and would like to be part of the leadership team, answer the following questions with thoughtful responses of at least 100 words. (You do not need to answer the general applicant questions above.)
1. Why do you want to continue as a Buzz Lab 7.0 intern?
2. What is the most significant thing you’ve learned through Buzz Lab?
3. What qualities do you have that make you a good leader? How will you draw upon these qualities to impact Buzz Lab?
Submit one letter of recommendation from a teacher, advisor, or mentor (not a family member). Please ask the person who is writing the recommendation to address the following questions in their letter, as well as anything else they’d like to share. Recommendation letters can be mailed to: Plains Art Museum, Attn: Buzz Lab, 704 First Ave. N., Fargo ND 58102, or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Why is this person a good fit for this opportunity?
• How has this person demonstrated interest in art, insects, and/or the environment?
• How could this experience help this person grow and expand their horizons?
• If this person is applying to be on the leadership team: why would they make a good leader?
CREATIVE SAMPLE (OPTIONAL)
Optional: you are welcome to submit information about an art, science, or another kind of creative project that you have done, which seems relevant to this experience. It can be submitted as a document, a photograph, or a video.
No file chosen
Delete uploaded file
Thanks for signing up!