Buzz Lab 2024
Buzz Lab is a paid internship during the summer of 2024 for teens, ages 12-18, interested in art, science, and the environment. Buzz Lab interns engage in learning, teaching, creating, sustaining and advocating for the livelihood of pollinators in a healthy ecosystem.
Buzz Lab interns will work with scientists, artists, and community members to learn and discuss the importance of pollinators, create works of public art, and participate in gardening and research in the Pollinator Garden at Plains Art Museum and other sites. This year, there will be 16 spots available.
Interns must commit to the following dates:
- Monday, June 10 – Thursday, June 13
- Monday, June 17 – Friday, June 21
Please include all scheduling conflicts in your application and contact email@example.com with changes that arise. Missing portions of the scheduled dates may affect the stipend.
This is a paid internship: Interns will be paid $50 a day to be paid out in two checks that will be mailed to the address listed on this application. Lunches and snacks are provided.
Applications are due at 11:59 pm on Friday, April 12, 2024. Submit by:
- Mailing to Attn: Buzz Lab, 704 First Ave. N., Fargo ND 58102
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- or complete online below.
All applicants will be notified by Monday, May 3 via the email listed on the application.
Application assistance is available! Please contact Alatera McCann via email email@example.com or phone at 701.551.6119.
Buzz Lab Launch Party
Thursday, March 7, 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Center for Creativity (connected to Plains Art Museum)
We welcome anyone interested in knowing more about Buzz Lab to come to the Launch Party. This is an evening dedicated to answering questions, providing support with applications, and sharing the awesome things we have planned for this summer. Open to interested youth, families, and community members.
- Ages 12-18 on the first day of the internship (June 10, 2024) may apply.
- Must be available June 10th-13th, June 17th-21st
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and willingness to work as part of a team.
- We encourage students interested in art, science, and the environment to apply, especially those who would be the first to attend college in their family, black, indigenous, or students of color.
- We understand transportation may be a hardship for some families; please note on the application if you will need help with transportation. This will not affect your application.
- Internship may use Google Classroom for collaborative work or to share resources, if access to WiFi or a WiFi Capable device is a barrier please note in your application. This will not affect your application.
Buzz Lab is made possible with support from the City of Fargo
The 2020 Buzz Lab interns present GOODNIGHT EARTH, a project created by 2020 Buzz Lab interns in collaboration with fiber artist Quill River. The individual seed pillows were hand-sewn by interns, then stitched together into a collaborative quilt with the intent to interrupt the expanses of cement in our community. Pollinators, and specifically bees, can only travel up to 5 miles to locate food, water, or rest. This growing quilt intends to provide space for pollinators to find food and rest. If left to grow, over the next few weeks you will see wildflowers, lettuce, spinach, basil, and cilantro emerge.
Click here for the downloadable GOODNIGHT EARTH zine, with instructions on making your own seed pillow.