Plains Art Museum offers Experience By Request, a program designed for single visit art-making workshops customized to your group’s schedule and led by professional educators. This program is perfect for businesses, children’s play groups, social groups, and families. Experience By Request occur in the Center for Creativity and last 2- 2 ½ hours.
Pottery on the Wheel, 9 years old to adult
- $25 per participant with a minimum of 8* participants required. Our facility has 11 pottery wheels available. Groups larger than 11 are encouraged to schedule multiple sessions.
- Learn skills and techniques of wheel throwing to create functional, one-of-a-kind vessels.
Hand-Building with Clay, 5 years old to adult
- $20 per participant with a minimum of 8* participants required.
- Learn how to work with and assemble clay to build your own functional or sculptural clay project.
*Groups of less than 8 participants will be billed the difference
We require a $50 deposit to reserve the date. The deposit will be applied to the cost of the experience. The full amount of the deposit will be refunded if the event is cancelled up to one week before the event. No refunds will be given with less than one-week notice. Full payment is due at the time of the event.
Scheduling + Availability
We require a minimum of two weeks advance notice to schedule an Experience by Request. Large groups (20+) are encouraged to book experiences at least six weeks in advance. To schedule a visit, please gather the following information and e-mail email@example.com or call Katherine Rieck, Assistant Director of Education, at 701.551.6147.
- Preferred Date:
- Preferred Time:
- Number of Visitors:
- Number of Chaperones (1 required per 10 children):
- Type of Experience:
- Additional Notes / Accommodations